Specialist Divorce & Family Lawyer
Divorce in Singapore


A couple may decide to separate but not feel the need to get a divorce immediately. This does not mean that they need not take legal advice to formalise the arrangement. Done properly, a formalised agreement can help pre-empt disagreements over everyday decisions such as dealing with joint assets and child care arrangements. While a couple may part as ‘friends’ initially and feel that they can trust each other, problems can arise as circumstances change.

Getting a Separation Agreement

A Separation Agreement, also known as a Deed of Separation, records each party’s rights and responsibilities. The purpose of the Agreement is for both parties to come to an understanding on the terms of their future lives apart, such as what will happen to their matrimonial home or who their children will live with. It can therefore help avoid long and costly court proceedings at a later stage. 

Drawing up a Separation Agreement

In preparing a Separation Agreement or Deed of Separation in Singapore, each party must produce full financial disclosure, with documentary evidence of their assets and liabilities. It also needs to set out arrangements for any children of the marriage.

A couple may be able to agree on all arrangements and ask a divorce lawyer to record the agreement by preparing the Separation Agreement. If the couple is not able to agree, they may each appoint a family lawyer to advise them.

With our vast experience in all aspects of family law and proven track record in negotiation and compromise, our team at Yeo Law is well-placed to help you draw up a Separation Agreement that will ensure the best outcome for you. Call us at 62203400 to talk to one of our family law experts.


Fill Up the form below :

YEO & Associates LLC Pte Ltd.