Specialist Divorce & Family Lawyer
Divorce in Singapore

Financial Settlements Advice

If you are going through a divorce or separation you will need to come to an agreement about your finances. You can do this with, or without the help of a family law solicitor, although you may wish to take advice on your options and make sure any agreement you reach is confirmed in writing and, if advised, made into a court order.

How solicitors can help you achieve a divorce settlement

When a relationship breaks down it can be difficult for everyone involved. The legal focus is on protecting the rights of the child, which includes concerns for their safety and well-being and their right to have a relationship with both

Agreeing a divorce settlement without solicitors

You may be able to come to a mutually acceptable agreement about your family finances without the help of a solicitor. It is, however, very important to consider the following:

  • Is the proposed settlement fair?
  • Does it take into account the needs of any children and who will be looking after the children?
  • Does the settlement take into account all assets held by both parties, including property, pensions, shares, business interests, savings and investments?
  • Have you, or should you, obtain proper valuations for significant assets before agreeing the division between you?

If you have doubts on any of these points it is best to take specialist advice from a divorce and family lawyer.

Having come to a mutually agreed settlement it is important to have a formal agreement drawn up to reflect your decision. This is done in the form of a Consent Order which once approved and sealed by the Court is a legally binding document. If it is a clean break order, this means that no further financial claims can be made by either party.

Why you need a consent order

Without a consent order it would be possible for your spouse or ex-spouse to make a claim in the future. So, for example, if you won the lottery or received an inheritance your ex might be able to claim a share.

At Yeo & Associates LLC family lawyer can draw up a consent order, often for a fixed fee. Call 62203400 to discuss arrangements for your divorce settlement with one of our friendly, knowledgeable lawyers.


Fill Up the form below :

YEO & Associates LLC Pte Ltd.