Specialist Divorce & Family Lawyer
Divorce in Singapore


A child is entitled to a relationship with both parents

Unless there is a good reason to the contrary, it is expected that a child will have a relationship with both parents and spend time with each of them. If you want to have a relationship with your child but are being denied access by your ex-spouse, there are a number of steps you can take:

Try to reach an agreement

Sometimes a carefully worded letter which sets out your point of view and the rights of your child is all that is needed to help persuade your ex spouse to see your perspective.

Yeo Law can help you to put your points across in a clear and sensitive way, explaining your position and why you think it is in the best interests of your child to spend time with you. We can also make the legal position clear on your behalf. This is normally done as part of a detailed case assessment by telephone and email.


Mediation is a non-litigious avenue that has helped many couples reach an agreement that they are both happy with.

Apply for a Child Access Order

However, for parents who are unable to agree on contact arrangements, either with the help of their lawyer or a mediator, the Court will be the arbiter of last resort. This will result in a Court-issued Child Access Order setting out the living and contact arrangements with both parents.

Yeo Law can help you apply for a Child Access Order via the Family Justice Courts – call us or request a call back to discuss the costs and process involved.

How to get a Child Access Order

Stage one: An application is made to the Court and served upon the other party. This is then followed by the first Court hearing. Often matters will be agreed and concluded at this stage.

Stage two: If matters are not settled, more evidence will need to be prepared and filed, including a report by an officer from MCYS who will make recommendations to the Court. There will be at least one further Court hearing.

Stage three: The third stage will be the final hearing at which time the Court will consider all evidence before making a decision.

How much does it cost to apply for a Child Access Order?

The application can be quite involved and will include the following:

  • preparing the application relating to the issues in dispute;
  • preparing any supplemental application if there is any alleged risk of harm to the child where they are currently living;
  • drafting all the papers and lodging them with the Court;
  • arranging for service of the papers on all relevant parties;
  • filing the certificate of service with the Court;
  • advising of the date for the Court hearing and arranging legal representation for you.

At Yeo Law, we often offer a fixed price depending on individual circumstances. Your lawyer will discuss likely costs in a free 30 minute telephone consultation. Request a call using our online form or call 62203400 to speak to one of our experienced family lawyers today.


Fill Up the form below :

YEO & Associates LLC Pte Ltd.